How do you make homemade fingerless gloves?
- Find a pair of gloves.
- Lay down one glove on a flat, clean surface like a table top.
- Measure across the fingers using a ruler.
- Repeat Steps 2 and 3 with the other glove.
- Get some sharp fabric scissors.
- Carefully cut off the top of the fingers of the gloves following the line you’ve marked.
How do you make fingerless gloves with a cashmere jumper?
Basic steps for making fingerless gloves from an old sweater:
- Cut sleeves off the sweater.
- Turn a sleeve inside out, fold over 1″ of the cut edge, pin and sew.
- Hem the edge.
- Place hand inside the sleeve and pin fabric between thumb and index finger. Sew the thumbhole.
- Repeat steps to make the second glove.
What can you make out of old sweaters?
Before sending a bag of old sweaters to the thrift store, try repurposing them in creative new ways.
- Felted Wool Blanket. 1/14.
- Pouf Ottoman. 2/14.
- Dryer Balls. 3/14.
- Decorative Pillows. 4/14.
- Cozy Mittens. 5/14.
- iPhone or iPad Case. 6/14.
- Felted Coasters. 7/14.
- Festive Wreath. 8/14.
How do you make gloves out of socks with fingers?
Cut around the fingers and lay it on top of the sock. Next, you sew around the fingers and sew the cuff of the sock to the bottom part of the glove. Sew around the cuff as you would a cuff for a shirt. Next cut the excess sock material off and you have made gloves with fingers from socks.
Can you cut the fingers off gloves?
Making your own fingerless gloves by cutting off the fingers and thumbs from regular gloves may lead to threads unraveling, thereby making the gloves unusable. Keep your fingerless gloves from fraying with few supplies. This process requires no sewing and leaves your fingerless gloves soft, stretchy and warm.
How do you make a sweater wrist warmer?
What do I do?
- First cut the sleeves off an old jumper.
- Stitch along the cut edge of the sleeve to prevent fraying.
- Turn the end of the sleeve under to create a seam.
- Sew one centimetre inside the seam with a blanket stitch.
- Repeat steps three and four at the top of the sleeve.